Pages

Tuesday 1 April 2008

Hiding Users From The CRM (3.0 / 4.0) Service Calendar

I was fiddling with the CRM Filtered Views today for a report I'm writing for a customer. One of the views I was dealing with was the FilteredSystemUser view. This view is the one which displays attributes for the User entity in CRM.

I suddenly came across an interesting attribute I had not noticed before named displayinserviceviews. This caught my attention as it had the potential of solving a problem which has plagued me for a long time - How do I hide certain users from the Service Calendar so they are not displayed as resources?



Turns out there was a really simple solution for this. I was very pleased! :)

All you need to do is add this attribute to the User form in the CRM customization section and then you'll have a new bit (yes/no) field in the User form which will allow you to choose whether or not the user will be available as a resource in the Service Calendar.

Couldn't be simpler! :)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi there, was wondering if you could help me, your post "Hiding Users From The CRM (3.0 / 4.0) Service Calendar" is nothing short of brilliant as like you i have been trying to solve this problem for a while. My problem is that i can see the atrabute "displayinserviceviews" on the atrabute list but i am unable to lokate it when trying to add it to the form?

have you any idea where it might have disapered to or how i can get that atrabute to show up on the form?

Thanks xxx

Anonymous said...

I am having the same problem, the attribute is on the list but not available when adding a field on the user form. this usually means that it is on the form somewhere but i cannot find. Could you shed some light on this?
Debbie